URBAN 2022: Anthony Sala and Piero Colle’s exhibitions tell the story of Centenaries and abandoned places. Parenzo
Decumanus 9 - Poreč
Friday 05 August 2022 - Wednesday 31 August 2022
Great interest in the first weeks of the opening of the URBAN Photo Awards 2022 exhibition-prize in Parentino Territory Museum (Croatia). Inaugurated on Thursday 28 July 2022, the exhibition focuses on two projects: The Last Confession, by the French photographer Anthony Sala, and Centenarians, by the Friulian photographer Piero Colle. In The Last Confession Anthony Sala recounts the abandoned places of worship in France and Italy.
Centenarians, by Piero Colle, is a suggestive sequence of portraits of people who have had the great opportunity to reach (and overcome) the century of life.
The location is a suggestive setting, so that visitors feel an integral part of the works themselves. Elena Uljančić, director of the Museum and juror of the competition, has selected the projects for this year’s exhibition which will be part of the calendar of the Photo Days Tour 2022, a series of events taking place outside the city during the Trieste Photo Days festival.
It will be open until 31 August 2022 during the Museum’s opening hours: Monday-Sunday 10.00-22.00.
Winners of past years
- Gotham Memories – Jeff Rothstein (USA)
- Urban Vision – Giovanni Paolini (Italy)
- La Boda – Mariagrazia Beruffi (Italy)
- Railway Station – Roberto Di Patrizi (Italy)
- Gentle Appearances In Tokyo Metropolis – Mitja Kobal (Slovenia)
- Stray Dog – Sevil Alkan (Turkey)
- Urban Faces and Fragments – Paolo Maggi (Italy)
- Nothing will stop us – Silvia Andrade (Mexico)
- Nonna Angela (“Grandma Angela”) – Christian Milotic (Italy)
- A Transporting Experience: Senegal’s Colorful Public Buses Hit The Road – Ricci Shryock (USA)
- Kushti – Alain Schroeder (Blegium)
- Cidade da Garoa – Luca Meola (Italy)
- Passage – Alphan Yilmazmaden (Turkey)