Join the open call for the new Exhibit Around APS photographic project dedicated to Water!
- «71%» represents the percentage of the earth’s surface occupied by water (source), the essential element for life that Exhibit Around APS aims to celebrate with a new photographic/editorial project to be presented at the tenth edition of Trieste Photo Days festival!
- 71% – The State of Water is a unique opportunity for all photographers to become part of an important photographic volume and a collective exhibition in the international setting of Trieste Photo Days 2023
- Soon we will announce the special guest of the project, a photographer from the Magnum Photos agency who will participate in the book and the exhibition with a selection of images and will attend the premiere event!
- Submissions open from 19th December 2022 to 28th February 2023.
dotART and Exhibit Around APS associations, promoters of the Trieste Photo Days international festival, are launching an open call for the project 71% – The State of Water.
We are looking for photographers interested in submitting single photos and/or projects/portfolios focused on the relationship between Man and Water in all its forms.
The theme lends itself to innumerable expressive possibilities: in addition to the sea (the characterizing element of the city of the festival), waterways, atmospheric phenomena, climate change and, more generally, life on the planet (see Themes and Style on the Rules).
The ambition is to create a project with a heterogeneous style that explores the relationship between Man and Water through the photographic genre that each author feels closest to: street photography, portrait photography, social reportage, documentary photography, nature photography, fashion, fine art.
The best photos and portfolio will flow into the new original project signed Exhibit Around, 71% – The State of Water, which will consist of:
- BOOK. A prestigious photographic volume that will contain selected works by the participants and the special guest. It will premiere during the opening weekend of Trieste Photo Days (end of October 2023).
- EXHIBITION. A large international collective exhibition with a wide selection of the best photos of the project, which will take place in the dual context of Trieste Photo Days (the very central Sala Veruda, in the heart of the city) and of the Photo Days Tour, at a regional museum.
- VIDEO. An exclusive “behind the scenes” featuring interviews with the authors involved in the project, which will be previewed during the presentation event and subsequently published on the Trieste Photo Days and Exhibit Around social networks.
71% – The State of Water follows the success of acclaimed Exhibit Around tribute projects, in which hundreds of photographers from five continents participate every year. After the tributes to Martin Parr (Short Street Stories, 2019), to Alex Webb (Chromantic, 2020), to street photography (Tales of the Unwritten, 2021) and to the female universe (WOW – Worlds of Women, 2022), the 2023 will be dedicated to Water.