Due to the high number of submissions and requests received, we have decided to postpone the end of URBAN Photo Awards to Sunday 14 June 2020 at 11.59 pm CET. There are therefore two more weeks to submit photos, portfolios and books to the eleventh edition of the contest!
To participate, just register in the URBAN user area and follow the procedure for the desired section(s).
Keep in mind that you can submit Single Pictures (4 thematic areas: Streets, People, Spaces, Creative), Projects & Portfolio (sequences of images that share a common element, projects, series, “stories” narrated through the photographs, etc.), and Books (projects extended beyond 12 photos, in pdf format or image sequences).
Works will be selected by dotART and voted by a prestigious international jury chaired by a living legend of photography: Alex Webb, who will personally choose the winner. The jury members include Rebecca Norris Webb, Nick Turpin, Gulnara Samoilova, Arnaud Montagard, Tadashi Onishi, Ania Klosek and many others.
Among the new features, the New Buildings award, designed together with Matrix4design for photos representing some of the symbols of architecture that have helped change the look of the city over the past ten years. To enter, just flag the New Buildings (Matrix4design award) tag to the Single Pictures competing in the SPACES category.
URBAN 2020 Photo Awards in pills:
- More than € 16,000 in prize value
- € 1,500 for the Winner chosen by the President of the Jury Alex Webb
- € 1,000 for the first portfolio chosen by Rebecca Norris Webb
- € 500 for the Best Author
- A six-month scholarship at Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design to attend the Photography School for the Winner (€ 1,500 value)
- Publication on photo magazines and on the sixth volume of URBAN unveils the City and its secrets.
- Exhibition-prize in Poreč Museum, Croatia, for 3 ranked projects (€ 1.500 value)
- Exhibition-prize in “Sartorio” Museum, Trieste, Italy, for 4 ranked projects, during Trieste Photo Days festival (€ 2.000 value)
- Our technical partner Stroppa will offer 50 of its handmade rope straps, one for each Finalist Photographer (€ 33 value each).
- Our technical partner Think Tank Photo will offer its bags and packpacks for a total value of € 1,000.
- Winners’ Exhibition + Awards Ceremony + Gala Dinner at Trieste Photo Days 2020 festival
- Photos will be selected by an international jury