Workshop with Giorgio Galimberti
Piazza I Maggio - Udine
Saturday 03 July 2021 - Sunday 04 July 2021
On Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th July 2021 in Udine we will launch a tasty preview of the Photo Days Tour, the frame of the Trieste Photo Days festival that takes place outside the city.
We will have as special guest the Milanese photographer Giorgio Galimberti for two unmissable events (both in italian only):
- a meeting with the public with free admission in which he will present his latest works
- the photographic workshop Portfolio d’Autore
A two-day event dedicated to great photography with a contemporary author of the highest level, that we will have the honor to host also in October at Trieste Photo Days.
The double event is realized in collaboration with Circolo Fotografico Friulano.
Meeting with Giorgio Galimberti (free entrance)
Saturday, July 3, 2021
- 9.30 am / Location to be defined / meeting with Giorgio Galimberti (open to all): presentation of the author through the projection of slides
Photography workshop “Author’s Portfolio” – by Giorgio Galimberti
Two days of street photography in the heart of Udine, alongside a talented author with a personal and recognizable style, to learn the “secrets of the trade” and the basics to develop their own modern and narrative photographic language.
Born in Milan in 1980, son of art, Giorgio Galimberti will guide the participants in a didactic path to discover and define their own photographic style. The workshop is aimed at the creation of a mini photographic portfolio as a push to deepen the personal research of each participant.
The theoretical part is flanked by a practical part, making two outputs, one guided by the teacher and the other in semi-autonomy, in which everyone will try to focus on their personal point of view and style.
At the end, the focus will be on editing and reading the images, with the aim of building a reasoned series of 5/10 photographs for each participant.
Saturday 3rd July 2021
- 11.00 am / Udine Center / Registration of participants and theoretical part: story of his vision of photography and some of his works with hints to the history of photography and the great masters
- 13.00 / Restaurant to be defined / Lunch with the teacher
- 14.00-19.00 / Center of Udine / Outdoor shots with style exercises led by the teacher and autonomously
Sunday, July 4, 2021
- 9.00-15.00 / Circolo Fotografico Friulano / The teacher will select the photos of participants to read, comment and edit them
The workshop is open to everyone, but we recommend participation to those who have a basic knowledge of photography.
Participants must be equipped with their own photographic equipment and autonomous in moving.
» REGISTRATION FEE
To participate in the workshop you must be a member of the dotART association for 2021 (membership cost: 10 €)
- PayPal a firstname.lastname@example.org oppure paypal.me/dotart
- Bank transfer to dotART – IBAN IT43F0306909606100000010209 – BIC/SWIFT Code: BCITITMM (causal: “Workshop Galimberti + your Name”).
» THE TEACHER
Born in Como on March 20, 1980.
He has always been passionate about photography, thanks also to a family climate open to art and creativity, since he was a child he began to approach the photographic medium through Polaroids.
With the first attempts to manipulate and alter the image, Giorgio explores in depth the playful dimension of the instant support.
During adolescence, the passion never fails and, through attendance at numerous exhibitions and shows, together with an intense practical activity in the darkroom, he builds a personal photographic background, based primarily on the techniques of experimentation of the great masters who have made the history of photography.
After a period of momentary detachment, which lasted a few years, Galimberti approached the world of digital photography without ever completely abandoning analogue photography.
Through the experimentation of black and white he perfects his tastes and, mindful of the lesson of the great masters of photography, he approaches a vision of the world focused mainly on the effects of light on bodies and urban landscapes, taking some typical elements of street photography and reworking them in function of a modern and narrative photographic language that combines glimpses of everyday life with suspended visions of urban architecture with a highly personal and recognizable style. Numerous his participations in solo exhibitions and collaborations with major Italian and international art galleries that have allowed him to enter the authorial photography.