01. During urban photography festival Trieste Photo Days 2018, the cultural association dotART, together with Fincantieri-Wärtsilä Photographic Club, organizes the first TPD PORTFOLIO, Portfolio Lecture and photographic selection open to all photographers.
02. The theme is free. Each author can present max 2 Portfolios in paper form. Each Portfolio must be identified by a title and will not be subject to any limitation, neither regarding the quantity of the images, nor for the format.
03. Selection is not divided into sections; all the filming techniques and all the printing procedures will be accepted (on any type of media) but digital file presentations will be rejected even if submitted by Authors equipped with the necessary equipment for a correct vision, and the presentations of works will also be rejected exhibited in the form of books.
04. Author (with this term also means any Group made up of several Authors), for all legal purposes, is the only person responsible for the content of his images.
05. The free registration to the TPD PORTFOLIO can be carried out:
- filling out the registration form a the bottom of this page no later than Wednesday 24 October 2018
- filling out the participation form directly to the event located next to the reading tables (during the reading hours indicated below).
Each Author will have the right to two meetings with the readers for a maximum of twenty minutes each. Reading meetings will be open to the public.
06. The Organization, according to the priority of the registration order, will fix the approximate date and time of reading of the Portfolio by the first free Reader and inform the Author.
07. Each Author will be required to present his printed works at the time of the pre-arranged meeting. Failure to submit at the appointed time will cause the appointment to lapse.
08. The Commission of the Readers will be composed by:
- Orietta BAY (Photography critic, Professor of Photography and Photographer)
- Tullio FRAGIACOMO (Photography critic and Professor of Photography)
- Monica MAZZOLINI (Historical Photography)
- Fulvio Merlak (Professor of Photography and Photographer’s Curator)
Portfolio Lecture sessions will be held in Trieste, at the Library located above the Jubilee Hall – Hotel Filoxenia, Riva Tre Novembre corner Via Mazzini, on October 27 and 28, 2018. Schedules for reading the Portfolios are as follows:
- from 10 AM to 1 PM and from 3 PM to 5 PM on Saturday 27 October 2018
- from 10 AM to 1 PM on Sunday 28 October 2018.
09. Among the submitted Works, the Readers will choose (albeit with the indication of a single Reader) and will deal (with the author’s approval) the Portfolios to be admitted to the final examination of the Selection Committee. Among these works the Selection Committee will choose the three best works, giving public notice on Sunday 28 October 2018 at 17.30 at the same Library.
10. The Portfolios admitted and not withdrawn by the Participants at the end of the Event will be returned with parcels to be paid by the recipient.
11. The judgment of the Selection Committee will be final and participation in the selection implies the unconditional acceptance of these Rules.
12. The Author of the Portfolio most appreciated by the Selecting Committee, in addition to receiving a photographic book as a prize, will have the opportunity to exhibit his Portfolio during the 2019 edition of the Trieste Photo Days (with the printing of images at the expense of the ‘Organization).
13. The Authors of the two Portfolio judged second ex aequo will receive a photographic book each.