Trieste Photo Days’ “off festival” Trieste Photo Fringe, that will take place in Trieste, Italy, from October 22 to November 10 2018, launches an open call to photographers for the exhibit section of the festival.
Main theme is “Urban life”. The star of the show: the City. Both single photos and projects/portfolios (with synopsis) are accepted. Submitted works must fall into one of the following thematic areas:
- Street Photography: the many aspects of the urban fabric and the lives that inhabit it.
- Architecture: buildings, streets, urban geometries.
- Social City: places, events and gatherings in the City.
- Urban Art: the relationship between people and art in the City: monuments, churches, exhibitions, etc.
- Transport: moving in the City.
- Green Life: green areas in the City: places, projects and sustainable lives.
- Visions: artistic and experimental photos outside previous thematic areas (the main theme is always Urban Life). Post-production is allowed.
Photographers can submit their works on Exhibit Around, choosing “Trieste Photo Days 2018” call.
Selected authors will be contacted and will receive a proposal. Photos and project could be part of the festival catalog.
- Bars and exhibit areas in Trieste city center
The Call is open from August 16 to September 16, 2018. To apply just fill out the form on Exhibit Around selecting the call “Trieste Photo Days 2018”. The call is free. Selected authors will be contacted by dotART staff with a proposal for a fee for the entire project.
- Each photographer can upload up to 9 single pictures and up to 2 Projects / Portfolios having a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 20 pictures.
- Uploaded pictures must have at least one element regarding the thematic of the Open Call
- Projects & Portfolios must have a short description. For single pictures it is not required.
- Only selected photographers will be contacted to join this project.
- Only jpg
- RGB colors
- file dimension lesser than 7MB each
- smallest side minimum 2000px / longest side no more than 6000px
- No special characters in the “filename.jpg”;
- Our Upload System supports maximum 10 pictures per upload session. If your project/portfolio has more than 10 pictures you must divide your upload in more sessions. At the end of the first upload session you will be asked to click to continue uploading the new session and you won’t need to fill the form again.
- Porfolios: to make sure to have the right order of the portfolio, please add to your filename a sequence number (e.g. filename03.jpg, 08filename.jpg, …).