01. During urban photography festival Trieste Photo Days 2019, the cultural association dotART, together with Fincantieri-Wärtsilä Photographic Club, organizes the second edition of TPD PORTFOLIO, Portfolio Lecture and photographic selection open to all photographers.
02. The theme is free. Each author can present max 2 Portfolios in paper form. Each Portfolio must be identified by a title and will not be subject to any limitation, neither regarding the quantity of the images, nor for the format.
03. Selection is not divided into sections; all the filming techniques and all the printing procedures will be accepted (on any type of media) but digital file presentations will be rejected even if submitted by Authors equipped with the necessary equipment for a correct vision, and the presentations of works will also be rejected exhibited in the form of books.
04. Author (with this term also means any Group made up of several Authors), for all legal purposes, is the only person responsible for the content of his images.
05. Registration fee 10 €. Each Author will have the right to two meetings with the readers for a maximum of twenty minutes each. Reading meetings will be open to the public.
- filling out the registration form a the bottom of this page no later than Friday 25 October 2019
- filling out the participation form directly to the event located next to the reading tables (during the reading hours indicated below).
- Bank Transfer: IBAN IT43F0306909606100000010209 / BIC/SWIFT: BCITITMM. Please add “TPD Portfolio + Your Name”.
- PayPal to email@example.com or www.paypal.me/dotart
- Directly in “Sala del Giubileo” on the lectures days (in this case the lecture ma in questo in this case the reading goes in queue with those booked online)
06. The Organization, according to the priority of the registration order, will fix the approximate date and time of reading of the Portfolio by the first free Reader and inform the Author.
07. Each Author will be required to present his printed works at the time of the pre-arranged meeting. Failure to submit at the appointed time will cause the appointment to lapse.
08. The Commission of the Readers will be composed by:
- Graziano Perotti (international photoreporter)
- Lorella Klun (Photography Critic and Photographer)
- Orietta Bay (Photography Critics, Lecturer of Photography and Photographer)
- Tullio Fragiacomo (Photography Critic and Lecturer of Photography)
- Monica Mazzolini (Historian of Photography)
Portfolio Lecture sessions will be held in Trieste, at “Sala del Giubileo” (Jubilee Hall) / Hotel Filoxenia, Riva Tre Novembre corner Via Mazzini, on October 26 and 27, 2019. Schedules for reading the Portfolios are as follows:
- Saturday 26th October 2019 – from 10.00am to 1.00pm and from 3.00pm to 5.00pm
- Sunday 27th October 2019 – from 10.00am to 1.00pm / award ceremony at 5.30pm
09. Among the submitted Works, the Readers will choose (albeit with the indication of a single Reader) and will deal (with the author’s approval) the Portfolios to be admitted to the final examination of the Selection Committee. Among these works the Selection Committee will choose the three best works, giving public notice on Sunday 28 October 2019 at 17.30 at the same “Sala del Giubileo”.
10. The Portfolios admitted and not withdrawn by the Participants at the end of the Event will be returned with parcels to be paid by the recipient.
11. The judgment of the Selection Committee will be final and participation in the selection implies the unconditional acceptance of these Rules.
12. The Author of the Portfolio most appreciated by the Selecting Committee, in addition to receiving a photographic book as a prize, will have the opportunity to exhibit his Portfolio during the 2020 edition of the Trieste Photo Days (with the printing of images at the expense of the ‘Organization). A selection of photos from the winning project will also be included in the 2020 festival catalog.
13. The Authors of the two Portfolio judged second ex aequo will receive a photographic book each.